The word Tikka implies lumps, pieces or pieces. Chicken Tikka Masala is a flavorful North Indian dish wherein pre-marinated bits of chicken are flame broiled and afterward added to a thick velvety sauce. The outcome is a flawless smokey flavor. You can cook and freeze this dish very well or marinate the chicken early and furthermore make (don’t add the cream) and freeze the sauce in advance.
At the point when you are prepared to serve, simply barbecue the chicken and warmth through the sauce, add the cream and blend the chicken and sauce, at that point serve. Serve Chicken Tikka Masala with hot Naan (raised Tandoor-heated flatbread).
Fixings of Chicken Tikka Masala
For the chicken marinade:
- 1 cup new yogurt (ought not be acrid)
- 1 cup finely cleaved new coriander leaves
- 2 tbsps ginger glue
- 3 tbsps garlic glue
- 3 to 4 tbsps garam masala
- 6 peppercorns/2 dry red chilies
- 3 tbsps lime/lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp orange food shading
- 1 kg chicken (bosom or thigh) skinless and cut into 2″ lumps
For the sauce:
- 2 medium-sized onions finely cleaved
- 6 cloves garlic cleaved fine
- 5 units cardamom
- 1 tin (400 gms approx) cleaved tomatoes or 6 medium-sized new tomatoes hacked fine
- 2 tbsps garam masala
- 2 tsps delicate earthy colored sugar
- 1 cup single cream
- 3 tbsps almonds whitened and ground to a glue
- 3 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- Salt to taste
How to make it
- Granulate the hacked coriander (save some to the side for embellishing) and any remaining marinade fixings (aside from yogurt) to a smooth glue in a food processor.
- Empty the above blend into an enormous bowl and add yogurt. Blend well. Add the chicken pieces and blend well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Permit to marinate for the time being.
- String the chicken onto sticks and keep prepared.
- Preheat your stove or flame broil to medium-high (200 C/400 F/Gas Mark 6). Spot the sticks on the barbecue racks in your stove with a plate under to get drippings. Broil open till the chicken is cooked on all sides and delicate. Keep to the side.
- Warmth the oil in a profound container on a medium fire and add the onion. Cook till delicate.
- Presently add the cardamom and the garlic. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, earthy colored sugar, tomatoes, almonds and blend well. Cook till the tomatoes are delicate and a thick glue structures.
- Add the barbecued Chicken Tikka (lumps/pieces) and mix. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and blend well. Mood killer the fire. Topping the dish with slashed coriander leaves and serve hot with Naans.